SNARFALOPHAGUS MYRTIMUSM MAXIMUS

My photo
Lost Angeles, CA, United States
Omnipotent master of chaos, student of life, purveyor of shenanigans and your best friend...

Monday, January 12, 2009

Cock-Master 2009

I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE FOR THE TERRIBLE FORMATTING ON THIS WEEKS BLOG BUT I JUST HAD TO GET OUT TO EVERYONE ASAP!
TODAY'S MISSION

Rock that cock like Kongo Hellman baby!

WORD OF THE DAY

Cock-Diesel- basically an expletive that denoting true hardness... both in a literal sense and, well, I guess also a non-literal sense. Nevertheless, two thing that are never disputed is that no one is more cock-diesel then the Governator and anything cock-diesel is badass. For proof of this globally accepted definition refer to the photo on the right."My cock is dieseled out!" -Christopher "Cock-Diesel" Lara
For more information on Cock Diesel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQqSY0OQD7g

MR. TOAD'S WILD RIDE

It's been a while but it's seems that Johnny Law is back on the fritz and on to me! It all started this last Friday when 50+ diked out, bowl sporting, carpet munching, four-eyed Asian cop ticketed me for making an illegal left hand turn on my way to work... CUNT! On Saturday I received yet another $55 ticket for parking overnight in a LEGAL overnight meter (luckily I took a photo of the sign). Finally, it all culminated on Sunday while scoping out a vantage point for a photograph in front of my boy Phil Spector's mansion. Yet another ASIAN INVASION PIG creeps up on me and harasses me by telling me to keep my hands on the wheel as he questions me or he "will not hesitate to blow my brains out". WHAT THE FUCK!!! He soon realizes what an ass he's been when he sees that I live two blocks away and he's wasted his time on a bunk burglary call made by some nosey neighbor who suspected us of casing the house in my pajamas.

In addition I also had the opportunity of scoping out a new illegal after hours spot and also found out that Lucky Strike at La Live. Beware... any place that doesn't allow jeans is whack! However, the weekend ended on great not after having met, photographed & interview sensational local Joshua Petker!

KEEPING IT REAL (HARD)

Every once in a while we all have the opportunity to run into someone or something that shock, awes and inspires. This past Sunday I had the privilege of running into both at the same time. Soberingly humble and refreshingly talented local Los Angeleano artist Joshua Petker is a breath of fresh air in a city full of smug. A city where you need to be somebody, know somebody, or act like your somebody to coax so much as a rub & tug from the fat hipster chick next door.

Nevertheless, his tact for art and dexterity with his hands are by far transcended by what he inadvertently represents, the essence of modern urban artistry. Josh was never professionally trained and never attended art school. His art is a product of the streets of Los Angeles. As a graffiti artist in his youth, this set the foundation for the formative elements of his technique... raw unmixed paint, provocative colors and free design. Proof that art comes in all shapes and sizes, but most importantly emenates from the heart... not a text book or a classroom.

Bearing the heart and soul of a modern artist set free from the woes of rules and boundaries Josh seems to be effortless in his approach to create evocative imagery. Caught somewhere between the un-objective stylistic guise of Gustav Klimt and the color palette of Jean-Michael Basiquiat, Josh is the epitome of what modern street are is and where it's going.

It's not often that inspiration knocks on one's door, but Josh's work seemed to kicked mine down. Beyond his awe inspiring paintings lies a not so average human with an ever so real and down to earth vibe. I can honestly say that the unattainable beauty captured in the women of Josh's paintings are boner inspiring! And although I'm positive that the women he portrays in his work are breathtakingly beautiful I still refuse to believe that they're as amazing as what he makes the look like in his paintings. Tall order... I think not! I never thought I'd be turned on by an abstract painting of woman and here I stand correct with a ranging Woody Harrelson in my hand. If that's not proof of how good he is at what he does than your probably a twink! I can't wait to see what Josh comes up for his next art show.

Special thanks go out to Josh for bringing me into his home with open arms and to musician Poet Name Life (a.k.a. Jaime Munson) and my brother Christopher Lara for making me a part of this amazing experience.... much love to all of you!

Stay tuned for my next blog when I reveal my soon to be shocking and disturbingly fantastic encounters with artists Matthew Bone and Paul Chatem later this week.

1 comment:

  1. You are a fairly intense blogger. Like the artwork you show. I tagged onto your site looking at other bloggers who had picked "The Day of the Locust" as one of their favorite reads, and thought I'd check some out. Your being in L.A. added interest. I was there -in the county - many, many years ago. First was 1955, I was 16 years old, an Arkie, my family had moved to Torrance. California! Wow. So cool!

    After 3 years in the Army serving in Germany, I returned to L.A. county, age 20, the family now living in Pasadena, and I started college at PCC that fall. (the first and only one in my family to go beyond high school.) Studied art. Began a 12 year inquiry/dive into art. Long Beach State. Chicago American Academy of Art,
    Art Institute, etc. Old guy now 70, still trying to be hip and cool. (and a coot.)

    Invite you to my site. I do my commentary/take on "The Day of the Locust", and the impact of movies on my life. You have to scroll down a little. I post a lot of my art/writing take on life. Learning about blogging. having fun.

    And a fine L.A. day to you.

    ReplyDelete